Nara (Zoysia Macrantha MAC03) is a beautiful turf that is native to Australia. It grows close to the beach and is
the best grass for salt areas. Nara had the best results out of all zoysia in the salt tolerance study, however it is like
any other lawn, best watered with fresh water. Whilst it is suitable as a coastal grass, Nara has also been proven to
work well hundreds of kilometres inland. As a native turf, Nara goes dormant during winter months.
- Nara is the only general purpose native turf; the perfect complement for any native garden or landscape.
- Once established, Nara has excellent erosion control performance, strengthening the soil by up to 58%.
- Used by councils in Australia for native specified areas as a native plant option.
- Even with adequate maintenance, frost will effect Nara’s colour. Nara has a tendency to go dormant during winter, minimal mowing required over this period.
- Nara is Australia’s premier native turf.
- A beautiful fine textured lawn that scalps less than couch when mowed.
- Copes well in humid and dry climates.
- Recommended for up to 50% shade in areas with low wear and up to 30% shade in areas with moderate wear.
- We do not recommend installation during winter.