Kikuyu (Pennisetum clandestinum) is a popular variety of lawn for both domestic and commercial use, due to its affordable price and excellent durability. Kikuyu maintains its colour well in most conditions, and makes an especially good lawn on large areas due to its high wearability, ability to recuperate, and high thatching tendency. Kikuyu can be found in most parks, ovals and reserves.
- Kikuyu can tolerate light shady areas.
- Medium leaf texture.• Retains a good colour all year round.
- Can withstand wear and tear very well.
- Very good recovery rate.
- Kikuyu is Australia’s most popular commercial grass for large areas.
- Kikuyu requires frequent mowing during summer.
- Easy to control with Roundup (Glyphosate).